Korean Movie ~ .... ing | My Movie Land

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Korean Movie ~ .... ing

My friend, who knows that I love to watch Korean movies and dramas, told me that I just have to watch ...ing. Well, that was like three years ago! So I got myself the movie but I simply had too much things going on that I delayed watching it. Of course, meanwhile, I watched other movies that had more interesting titles, like The Art Of Seduction and Dasepo Naughty Girls.


.... ing is a movie that frankly, after I watched it a couple of months ago, and decided to write a noobie review today, I have forgotten what it was all about. I mean, can you imagine in your mind's eye what "...ing" could mean? I certainly could not match it with any movie that I have watched.

I mean, compared to Men In Black, Batman or even There's Something About Mary, you can associate the title with a story line. But ...ing? My mind drew a blank.

Like I said, my friend told me that I just HAVE TO watch this and so I did, finally. Even though this was a movie released in 2003 while I watched it in 2007, I don't fell like I has missed a great movie. I didn't ask myself, "Aiya! What a great movie! Why didn't I watch this sooner?"


Well, if you read other movie reviews, every other reviewer was saying how great this movie is. I would not say it is great but it was something different. This is a sad movie but it's under the surface. You won't find people [well, there are only THREE principal characters] screaming and shouting with tears rolling down their faces. But it is still sad because the girl has a terminal illness unbeknown to her.


Anyway, the girl Im Soo-Jung as Kang Min-Ah found love in Young-Jae who was played by Kim Rae-Won. I just got to say this. Although many people love Kim Rae-Won, I don't like him at all. I think the first drama I ever watched him in was Attic Cat and his character there was so despicable to me, that he spoilt all the subsequent dramas for me. Well, unless he can change his looks!

Would I recommend this drama? Well, if you love watching Korean melodaramas with a twist [of course there is more to the drama than what I wrote here!] then go for it. I have enclosed a trailer of …ing that I found on YouTube.

0 comments:

Post a Comment