Movie ~ The Happening [2008] | My Movie Land

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Movie ~ The Happening [2008]

The Happening opened in cinemas on 13th June, 2008. I guess because of its apocalyptic theme, 13th of June, which was also Friday the 13th, was picked.


The Happening movie poster


My friends told me not to bother watching this because it's utter crap. Well, here are people who thought that The Sixth Sense was awesome, though it did nothing to me. Remember, I am Asian; I see dead people, I talk to dead people and I offer food to dead people. Dead people are part of our culture and tradition. Maybe that's why I do not think The Sixth Sense was an exceptional movie. And I guess, for M. Night Shyamalan, being of Indian origin, it had amused him tremendously that the West thought his Sixth Sense was an extraordinary movie.

The Happening is a movie about bio-chemical destruction where trees mutated and secrete a type of virus that infected people and cause them to self-destruct in whatever way they could find.

The plot may sound stupid but it would be scary if something like that actually happened. Anyway, this is not the kind of movie that I would want to watch. I know guys have a different perception of what constitutes a good movie. Let's hope that the next movie by M. Night Shyamalan, maybe two years from now, will actually improve. It has been going downhill for him since The Sixth Sense, even though I am utterly unimpressed with that either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment