Movie ~ My Sassy Girl [American Remake] | My Movie Land

Monday, May 12, 2008

Movie ~ My Sassy Girl [American Remake]

If you have read my review of Korean movie [K-movie], My Sassy Girl, you would know that I was quite impressed with the way it was able to move me at a critical point in the movie.


My Sassy Girl [American version] movie poster


When I read that American movie makers are going to remake this movie, I was quite disappointed. I think that my Sassy Girl and Shutter are Asian "classics" that should be left as they are. Why do Americans want to come and mess up these movies, I do not know. Do they think that they could top these productions and the way they are able to touch us? I don't think so. They have more than enough scripts to turn into movies so do that. Make NEW movies.


The American version of My Sassy Girl


Of course, Shutter and My Sassy Girl are just fine examples to cite. There were quite a few Asian “classics” that have been adapted as well…..to failure, in my opinion. You be the judge!


Korean movie My Sassy Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment