Korean Movies ~ My Sassy Girl, Windstruck and My Girl & I | My Movie Land

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Korean Movies ~ My Sassy Girl, Windstruck and My Girl & I

*My Sassy Girl*
Directed by Kwak Jae-yong
Produced by Shin Chul
Main actor:
Cha Tae-hyun
Main actress:
Jun Ji-hyun
Released: July 27, 2001 (South Korea)
WindStruck
(Let Me Introduce You To My Girlfriend)
Directed by Kwak Jae-yong
Produced by Jeong Hun-tak
Main actress:
Jun Ji-hyun
Main actor:
Jang Hyeok
Released: June 3, 2004 (South Korea)

*My Girl & I*
Directed by Jeon Yun-su
Produced by Jeon Hoon-tak
Main actor:
Cha Tae-hyun
Main actress:
Song Hye-kyo
Released: December 23, 2005 (South Korea)

These three movies are so alike so much so that many people thought that they are sequels but they are not, although two of these three movies are based on true life stories. Moreover, the same actors and actresses who appeared in these three movies added to the confusion.

I watched all three movies, but unfortunately in the wrong sequence hahaha

Anyway, I started with WindStruck. It's a movie that's hard to forget and it's one of the few that managed to make me cry. The most touching scene was when the main actor died. That scene was so intense, so sad. And it's eerie too when the spirit made visitations ala Ghost. I recommend this to anyone interested in Korean movies.

Cha Tae-hyun the protagonist in "My Sassy Girl" and "My Girl & I" appeared in WindStruck as well, at the very end of the movie, standing on the platform of a train station, where Jun Ji-hyun thinks she has found a new soul mate.

And then I watched "My Sassy Girl". This is a true movie based on the romance of a couple, where the girlfriend is a little weird because of her past. Sometimes, watching this movie, I went like, "Wah, like this also can ar??"

At least this movie has a happy ending but sometimes in the middle of the movie, one thinks if this relationship could ever survive as the girl keeps pining for the past.

The last movie I watched was "My Girl & I". This movie isn't that memorable to me. It has a sad ending, but didn't make me cry, because the acting was not intense enough. Emotions did not come across too well, that was why it was not so moving for me, although the ending is not something that we wish on anyone.

The cinematography was great but the weird thing about this movie is the protagonist's grandfather is an undertaker and coffin seller, and the wonder is that the main stars had to sleep inside coffins on different occasions. Eeeewww I thought Asians are damn superstitious, or is it just me?

The main actress in "My Girl & I" is Song Hye-kyo, who starred in "All In", which I watched recently. She was a better actress in "My Girl & I" but both performances were equally enjoyable, nevertheless.

At first, I thought I'd review these Korean movies later, but today is just as good a day as any other :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment