Chinese Movie ~ The Myth [2005] | My Movie Land

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chinese Movie ~ The Myth [2005]

I had been thoroughly busy lately but since Sex is Zero 2, I still managed to watch a few more movies, mainly because I watched movies in the wee hours of the morning around 4am or so!

One of the more outstanding movies that I watched was Jackie Chan's The Myth that was released in 2005. I have to admit that it has been ages since I watched a Jackie Chan film, I think since he went to Hollywood. With The Myth, I now think Jackie Chan is the James Bond of the East, as there are two beautiful actresses in it; first Korean beauty Kim Hee-seon who stars as a Korean princess and Bollywood sex symbol Mallika Sherawat.


The Myth movie poster


The Myth actually has two different settings, one is olden time Qin Dynasty where Jackie Chan was General Meng Yi and one is in the present time where Jackie Chan was Dr. Jack Chan, an archeologist, a reincarnation of General Meng Yi.

The cast:
Jackie Chan ... General Meng Yi / Dr Jack Chan
Hee-seon Kim ... Ok-soo
Tony Leung Ka Fai ... William
Mallika Sherawat ... Samantha

Of course, some parts of the movie are really too far-fetched but when you are watching a movie, you really should not think if something is too illogical or unbelievable since a movie should take you to "fantasy land".


Beautiful Korean princess Ok-soo dances for General Meng Yi


Even if this movie was not flawlessly executed, I found some scenes in this totally hilarious, like how William (Tony Leung Ka Fai) accidentally kissed the corpse. Also, one of the "best" scenes that made me laugh was the fight in the rat poison factory. Did you spot the smilie face on Jackie Chan's boxers?

I think that if one watches this movie that has been revoiced entirely in English, some of the better elements of the movie would have been lost. The one that I watched was in its original language, which is a mixture of Cantonese, Chinese and English.

Anyway, if you are looking for some Jackie Chan magic, I am sure this movie will not disappoint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment