Movie ~ Beerfest | My Movie Land

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Movie ~ Beerfest

First of all, I am a teetotaller and I do not understand the joy a mug of beer can bring. I also do not appreciate the rowdiness of a drunkard but I gave Beerfest a chance due to a review online that it is a very funny movie and I am always game for some comedy.

Beerfest movie poster

The main theme of Beerfest, a 2006 movie, is of course the beer. It starts off with a funeral of the grandfather of two brothers, Todd & Jan Wolfhouse.

Todd Wolfhouse / Young Baron Ludwig (Erik Stolhanske) & Jan Wolfhouse (Paul Soter)

The brothers were then assigned by their grandmother to take the ashes of the grandfather to their motherland, Germany. There, they were exposed to Oktoberfest for the first time.

They were also introduced to
Beerfest, an underground Oktoberfest, if you will. In Beerfest, competitions are held to find the champion of beer drinkers every year.

In
Beerfest, Todd & Jan Wolfhouse were trashed by their cousins who are Germans and they vowed to return the following year with a team to put up a strong competition.

Landfill

The movie then shows the Wolfhouse brothers recruiting their old drinking buddies, Landfill, Blind Sikh and Steve "Fink" Finklestein. This team of five then spent the following months training on being the quickest and best beer drinkers.

Blind Sikh

Before the year was up, many events followed that disheartened them, and some wanted to quit the team. There were some amusing moments, some bittersweet moments and some risque moments.

Team USA

In the end, Team USA did turn up at Beerfest. After all, their secret family beer recipe was on the line, and they competed against other teams from around the world. The climax was of course, Team USA versus Team Germany.

The crowd cheering the teams on

Which team won and by what way? Watch to find out, although I must admit, I was slightly disappointed with the movie. It was not as hilarious as I expected, from the review that I read. This movie is best watched by beer lovers. Off hand, I can think of a few friends.

Team USA versus Team Germany

0 comments:

Post a Comment