Korean Movie ~ Take Care of My Cat | My Movie Land

Friday, November 03, 2006

Korean Movie ~ Take Care of My Cat

*Take Care of My Cat*

This is a 2001 Korean movie with a lady director, which is rare in Korea. It's about five girls from the port city of Icheon, Korea, who after graduation, struggle to fit into society.

Only one of the girls managed to get a fairly good job in Seoul, presumably due to connections, and that also a low rank position in a stock brokerage firm, but still better than the other girls, or so she thinks.


The Five Friends

From being the best of friends in high school, they became estranged, yet they try hard to stay together as a group but people change, circumstances change and definitely, life moves on.

This movie is a character movie and it takes time for each character to grow on you, but it's so slow and dreary, the approximately 110 minutes runtime felt like an eternity. In fact, I couldn't even finish watching it in one sitting.

I wouldn't say that this is a bad production or a waste of time to watch. It's just not my cup of tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment