Movie ~ The Exorcism of Emily Rose | My Movie Land

Friday, September 29, 2006

Movie ~ The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Image courtesy of Sony Pictures

I got the movie, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, way back in May, 2006 upon the recommendation of a friend, someone who watches two movies almost every work day when he commutes to and from office, so his knowledge is pretty extensive.

Anyway, I got it but I kept it at the bottom of the movie pile, because I read some reviews on the net mentioning that it is a "courtroom drama" while some said it's a horror movie. While I like horror, I don't enjoy courtroom dramas so I kept watching Korean movies, much to my regret hahaha

I finally decided to watch it last night and was thoroughly entertained for the two whole hours. I practically had goosebumps all over me for that length of time too! It was a very eerie movie, very believable.

I can relate very well to Emily Rose's episodes of demonic possession. It's really unfortunate that one person has to suffer so much at the will of demons while many of us go about life happily not knowing the existence of evil spirits.

I personally have met with many such victims through the years; in my quest for answers and personal research and these people definitely are neither epileptic nor psychotic, as perceived by the doctors who attended to Emily Rose.

Science (and medicine) are all based on cold, hard facts; there's no room for aesthetics, but that does not mean that someone who believes in something outside the borders of science is cuckoo in the head. It's only that the supernatural world cannot be seen with the naked eye, but requires the *gift* of a third eye.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is based on a true story and it is unfortunate that Father Richard Moore was found guilty of criminal negligence. In my humble opinion, his only "crime" was not being powerful enough to overcome the six demonic beings that had taken control of Emily Rose's body.

Just like how one will always remember the touch of an angel, one will never be the same person again after being touched by evilness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment